Infragard is a partnership of individuals representing businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and communities who are dedicated to collaborating and sharing information to prevent hostile acts against the United States.
The mission of Infragard is to promote ongoing dialogue and timely communication between members and the FBI specifically concerning the security of, vulnerabilities in, and threats to critical infrastructure entities. Infragard members are provided with information to assist them in protecting critical infrastructure assets. In turn, they are encouraged to provide information to the FBI, thereby facilitating its responsibilities to detect, deter, and investigate acts of terrorism and other crimes. Because of the focus and purpose of Infragard, its members are required to be affiliated with at least one critical infrastructure sector and, as part of the application process, applicants must pick a primary affiliation sector.
Today, there are 45,000+ members in over 80 local chapters represented nationally by the Infragard National Members Alliance. Each FBI field office works with at least one chapter to discuss threats and share experiences and best practices.
The Infragard- Evergreen Chapter area of operation is Washington State and over 600 members. As part of the Western Region, we work closely with the Chapters in Los Angeles, San Diego, Oregon, and Idaho. Our chapter’s mission is, “To protect Washington State’s Infrastructure and critical services by providing a secure platform and trusted community to share experiences and information.”
The Infragard vetted membership consists of thousands of subject matter experts across all 16 critical infrastructure sectors. These members include business professionals, academia, government, state, local and tribal government, law enforcement and military dedicated to support the mission and protection of our critical infrastructure.
As a member of one of the 84 local Chapters, you will gain an understanding of the threats posed by criminals and foreign adversaries. You will have access to information and tools that will equip you with the most current best practices. Additional member benefits include:
- Collaboration across Infragard membership
- Information sharing with FBI and Law Enforcement
- Timely intelligence briefings
- Identification, prioritization, and mitigation of vulnerabilities
- Development of incident response plans
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Access to iGuardian, the FBI’s Industry-Focused Cyber Intrusion Reporting Platform
- Training and education programs
- Qualify for the GETS/WPS Program
- Discounts to local seminars and conferences
- Free online subscription to Infragard Journal
- Best of all, there is no cost to join Infragard
You can find additional documentation in our shared folder here.
How to Join
The membership application is submitted through the main Infragard website. To start the process follow the steps below.
- Browse to the Infragard New Member Application page.
- Read and ensure you comply with the membership requirements
- Fill out the required fields
- Click “Submit ”
It may take several weeks to get a response on the application. If it has been over 4 weeks and you haven’t received a response, please send a message to us using our contact form and send a message to the attention of the “membership coordinator.”