Several members of Infragard- Evergreen Chapter joined staff from the National Cyber Security Alliance for a day of training at the Renton Community Center this week. NCSA was in the area at the invitation of the Washington Department of Financial Institutions and was providing cyber security training to over 100 local financial advisory firms. The training covered cyber hygiene such as:
- Understanding the assets (digital crown jewels) they have that others might want to steal
- Learning how to protect those assets without having to spend a lot of money or time
- Detecting when something has gone wrong
- Reacting quickly and appropriately to make the impact as small as possible, and creating a plan of action to remain operational when an incident occurs
- Learning what resources are needed to recover if a breach should occur
Following the formal training, 5 Infragard members attended a train-the-trainer event so that we can assist NSCA and other Washington regulatory agencies who may want to provide this training to their clients in the coming months.